Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Cone Head

Growing up in Mass, you have a kinship with Friendly's Restaurants. They are part of your up bringing.

For me, there are very fond memories of my childhood that involve Friendly's. We went there with my dad every Wednesday morning for breakfast in elementary school- (I always got scrambled eggs with a bagel and cream cheese). We went there for sundaes after piano recitals, basketball games, baseball games, school plays, or any other major school activity. I met up with friends for a quick lunch and a chat. My brother worked there for several years in High School and got a pretty impressive scooper muscle on his right arm (he also smelled like hot fudge when he got home *drool). I remember right after my high school graduation I met up at Friendly's with my 3rd/4th grade teacher Ms. Shaefer and all of the classmate in my graduating class that were in her class back in the day (I think there were like 8 of us- that's the life of a small Christian school).

The thing I remember the most about Friendly's is THE CONE HEAD:

This was my definition of a "treat" when I was a kid. The bottom of the dish would be filled with M&M's, the ice cream of choice would be cookies & cream, the ears would be whipped cream (which I didn't like at the time and gave away), There would also be hot fudge all over! If there wasn't enough hot fudge or M&M's I would cry and my mom would send it back for a redo. :)

Ahhhh sweet sweet memories!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol i thought you were going to be talking about someone at work or something when you said "cone head" shows you what I know :)

Anonymous said...

Yummmm, Sweet memories!