Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Knitting

Last year before I got my job I decided to teach myself to knit. I got some books out of the library and a starter kit from Michaels. I have one of those minds that likes puzzles and numbers. And it gives me something to do when I'm just sitting around watching a movie or something.

Right after I started this new hobby, I found out my brother & sister-in-law were gonna have a baby. So I got a baby blanket book and learned as I went. Of course I didn't choose a beginner pattern, so 10 months later I finally finished. Here's the blanket:

When that project was done I wanted to start something new where I could learn more. A lady I work with is a knitting expert! So she taught me how to make a Peruvian Flap Hat. I just finished it for my dad. I really enjoyed it.



So my next project... I think I am going to make another hat for my mom. YAY for knitting!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I am thoroughly impressed. You should learn how to make little sweaters...like for little boys named Seth. :)

Kristen said...

Oh, and of course for little Rachel too!

Aimee said...

YAY for Peruvian flap hats!! My friend's parents own a store that sells fair-trade items - and wouldn't you know it... they sell Peruvian hats :) I bought one for Jordan this past Christmas and he LOVES it! So fun that you can knit! I've always wanted to learn - so maybe you can teach me next I see you... which hopefully will be sooner rather than later :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny,
We love the beautiful blanket you made for Rachel. Your hat turned out great. You are very gifted, but not just in knitting. We love you and can't wait to see you in March
Becky