Thursday, January 8, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Ya know those simple things in live that you get so much JOY out of? Anyone else would think you are crazy, but they just give you the biggest lift.

There are 2 things I can think of that do that for me:

1. I just bought myself a set of Tupperware... well the Rubbermaid brand. I've been married for 2.5 years and this is my first set. In the past we've been using old cool whip containers or yogurt containers (TOTALLY unhealthy by the way). I've been saying forever that I need to just bite the bullet and get a set. Well when I finally did, I got the biggest high from throwing those old crappy things away. I get so much joy out of using them and seeing them nicely piled in my drawer. AND they are dishwasher safe! YEA!!!!!

2. The second thing that is so simple, but give me such a boost... Is getting into bed with clean& tight sheets, in clean PJS, after a nice hot shower. OH MY GOODNESS- my whole being just relaxes. I can feel each of my muscles begin to settle and say "ahhhhhhh~ thank you!" When this happens Ben knows to give me a few minutes to enjoy the moment before moving on with life. hee hee

What are your simple pleasures?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I'm a little behind. I just read your last 5 blogs...yeah, so all of them since the first one that showed up on this screen. Funny thing, your two "simple thrills" as I used to call them with a college friend are two of mine. The clean sheet one I understand more than you know. Pete used to tell me there was no difference in the feeling of dirty and clean sheets. I think over the past 5 years I've managed to convince him otherwise. The funny thing is that every time I make the bed I think of your grandmother with the hospital tuck that we did on the bed in your old living room before your mom(?) came home from surgery...I'm not sure if I have the event right, but I remember being in the living room making up the bed with the "hospital corners."
Tell Ben congrats for all that hard work. As your wife, how can you not feel so proud of him after seeing him crawl into bed at odd hours and get up earlier than most would think of getting up...you get to see the hard work, so you get to celebrate all the harder when you see him succeed...not just by man's standard but in excellence in many things.
I have to say I'm excited for 2009...I will finally have a baby out of my belly! Abby will finally have a budding playmate. Those are the two most celebratory things I have to look forward to.
I'm glad your parents were there for Christmas. This was my mom's first year without the kids (I don't count anymore since I live here.) It was challenging for her. I'll hope for you that you get to see your parents at least 4 times in this coming year.
Well Abby's up. Talk to you later.
Becca