Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the big 60!

Tomorrow is my dad's 60th. I wish I could be there to celebrate with him. But my mom is throwing him a little surprise pizza party and she asked everyone to write a little something to my dad commemorating this birthday and also to let him know why he is special to them. Well, below is a part of the note I wrote to my dad. These are just a few of the characteristics he has that make him the best father in the world:

What is "it" that makes you unique? It's a strength. It's a confidence. It's a humility. It's a desire to be something and someone. It's a will not to settle for something less. It's a love. It's an accountability. It's a trustworthiness. It's a Godliness. It's a hopefulness. It's an attitude that is positive. It's a sense of humor. It's a heart of thankfulness. It's a generous giving of your time, talents, and finances. It's a determination and endurance to reach your goals. It's an integrity and honor.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY. I LOVE YOU!

No comments: