Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Year

Tomorrow is the last day of 2008. I've always hated the end of one thing and the beginning of something else. Like in school, I always hated writing AUGUST on my papers and such. Because it just felt like FOREVER until June when the school year was over. Well, it's the same for January. I think it's my least favorite time of the year.

So much as happened in 2008: We moved to Colorado, Ben has accomplished 1 full year of school, my brother was in the ICU for a month and then made a totally recovery, my brother and sister-in-law also had a baby.... so much! I'm sorta sad to see 2008 go.

What's going to happen in 2009? A friend of mine once said that the odd years are always the best ones. So maybe 2009 is going to be great. There is a lot of excitement when starting a new year; a clean slate and all. But I tend to look at the new year and look straight at the end of it and think about all that we have to accomplish and it looks a little daunting.

God is in control. And not matter how daunting 2009 looks, God has his best for me and it's more than I can imagine.

Here's to 2009. Only God knows what it will hold.

Isaiah 55: 8-9:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: