Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Land Mark Day

So I'm not a great writer by any means so please excuse the lack of creativity and all the grammatical errors. Writing is Ben's department.

Today marks 1 year since God sent Ben and I to Denver and I feel I need to start sharing all the blessing God has done and is doing. I have been feeling so grateful and so humbled looking back on this past year and the years before and seeing how far we've come. I am humbled by God's goodness and grace and grateful for his provisions and answering prayers I was afraid to pray.

Last August Ben and I made a decision to start praying about what God wanted with our lives. We were not happy where we were and we knew if we didn't start seeking direction we were going to get stuck in a rut that so many people around us were in.

So Ben, after the process of elimination, decided that Counseling was best suited for him. He had been doing it his whole life anyway and he loved helping people. In September we visited Dallas Theological Seminary and Denver Seminary.

You know that feeling you get when it's right... that "I'm home feeling". I've felt that feeling at so many critical times in my life and I believe it is God saying.."Yes this is where I want you." Well when we got off the plane in Denver I got that feeling. It hit me like a ton of bricks (and brings me to tears just thinking about it). I wanted to start this new adventure with Ben in Denver.

When Ben and I said "Hineni"(Here I am, send me) God opened up the doors for us. Ben and I made it through some tough times. We mustered the faith to fill out the applications and send them in. The day Ben got his acceptance letter to Denver Seminary, my mom was there too, this wave of emotions came over me. I felt freedom and hope and such joy. I knew this was the beginning of our adventure.

Here is a "short" list of all the things God has done for us since we said, "ok God"
  • Ben and I have been safe and healthy... no allergies, never sick, never in need of a Dr. (esp seeing we were without health insurance for quite some time).
  • Ben has gotten 2 jobs right away when we needed them. He got an Apple position right when we moved out here and then Starbucks when we needed the insurance (and free coffee and tea).
  • I got a great job that provides flexibility and finances.
  • God brought a puppy into our lives that brings laughter and joy beyond words.
  • We have never gone without! Ben and I are great savers, but even with all the expenses of moving and school, God provided abundance.
  • Ben has been working so hard and He has been getting amazing grades.
  • God provided a mentor for Ben so he didn't have to go looking for one.
  • God provided an academic advisor for Ben who is so encouraging and helpful and available
  • God provided a great internship for Ben that he will be starting in January (he was 1 of 20+ applicants)
  • God provided a Jeep for Ben at the right price in the right time with all the trimmings!
  • God provided a buyer for Ben's Miata at the right price and timing.
  • God has put amazing friends in our path that we can count on.
  • God has provided a church that feels like a home!
  • Jefferson County has an amazing library with a wonderful DVD selection so we're saving $$ on Netflx fees!!! hee hee
The list could go on and on. What I want to share from my heart is that I am so proud of my amazing husband! He is growing so much here. And I am so thankful to God for setting us on this adventure and preparing every step of the way.

6 comments:

BQ mom said...

Very cool and so exciting to hear you share your blessings this past year. Since we're far away and in transition ourselves, I've been bad about keeping in touch, BUT this very blog of your years worth of blessings is a blessing to me. It gives me a glimpse into the world of my treasured friend who I miss and love very much!! Merry Christmas and Happy Channukah.

Kristen said...

Yeah Jenny! It is so amazing to reflect back on all God has done for us. Thanks for sharing. And I'm glad for another blogging friend to keep up with. :)

beckalippy said...

Jenny! Your love for the Lord and your husband (no matter how much of a dork butt he is!) is beautiful! I'm so excited to hear about the amazing things the Lord is doing with you guys. :)

Anonymous said...

Dad and I have had the awesome privilege of watching God guide, direct and bless you on this incredible journey. We are so proud of you both. He has so much more in store for you as you continue to seek Him with all of your hearts.
The best (His best) is yet to be!
See you next week!
Mom

Aimee said...

YAY FOR BLOGGING! :) It is so amazing to watch God work. I am always in awe of Him and how He brings things along in just the right timing... even if we don't see it at the moment. And who doesn't love Colorado?! We need to get out there to visit you guys. I miss that place - God's glory is certainly displayed in spectacular ways out there :) Miss you and love you!

Unknown said...

you're a great writer, you just don't give yourself enough credit. :) I love you a ton and am honored to have you as my wife.