Monday, December 22, 2008

A Christmas Carol


The Christmas Carol is a old Charles Dickens tale. And if you have never seen the 1951 version, called Scrooge (or A Christmas Carol), I highly recommend it. It is a favorite in our family. Yes, it's in B&W and the sound is horrible, the special effects are horrible, and you can see the camera man more than once in the mirror. But the message is incredible. Something you WON'T here in a Hollywood movie today.

It was a very busy weekend. We got a ton of wood from our friends in Lafayette on Saturday. Ben brought it all up and it literally filled our living room floor. (Pic to come!) We are so grateful for it. It's so nice (and cheaper) to heat the house with a nice fire!

On Sunday we spent the afternoon with our other friends just having pizza and watching my 1951 A Christmas Carol. I love that movie! (Did I say that already). In the evening Ben and I watched a few movies and had a nice fire going.

Christmas is just a few days away and My parents are coming! And our guest bathroom toliet is possessed. So if you think about it, please pray that the apartment complex will fix it for the 4th and hopefully final time!

MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I haven't seen that version, but I've seen a similar one. I do LOVE that story. Hope your parents have safe travels and that you enjoy Christmas & Hannukah with them. I will never forget the year your mom sent each us of presents for every day of Hannukah - she's so amazing! :) Have a cozy time by the fire!