Friday, March 13, 2009

The Egg




I am sitting here at work eating my hard boiled egg and realizing.... I love the egg! I think I have my father to thank for my love of the egg.

I remember growing up having eggs so much that they mistook my mildew allergy for an egg allergy (that's a long story for another time). But through this mishap, a family tradition evolved. Every Sunday morning.. and I mean EVERY... my dad made breakfast. Eggs ~ With turkey bacon, toast or bagel, or his special homemade homefries.

The egg creations came in all forms. Hard boiled. Over easy. Cheese and/or veggie omelet. Bagel sandwich.

I think my dad has always had a dream of being a short order cook or a B&B owner. ;)

If you were to go to my parents house, you would always find plenty of eggs in the fridge and most likely there would be a few hard boiled in there just for a quick snack/meal.

Well now my wonderful husband makes breakfast for me every morning. Yep, you guessed it.. Eggs. And he is so good at it too. yummmm.

Ya know.. there's always the chocolate egg, too :)

No comments: