Monday, October 26, 2009

Rachel is 1!

I recently got back from a trip to MA for Rachel's 1st b-day. It was so nice to fly into Bradley (Hartford, CT =30min from my parents house) rather than my arrival airport(Boston-2 hours from my rents house).

Rachel's party was just a few hours after I came in. My sister-in-law is so talented and was a great hostess. Rachel's party was very special. There were so many people there to clap for her and give her attention. Rachel had a blast. She was all giggles and squeals. Below is a video of her tasting her first frosting... she obviously enjoyed it!



I am so glad I didn't miss this special weekend. Rachel is so precious and it was such a blessing for me to have some quality time with her.

The sweater I've been working on since April... FIT! I was kind of nervous it would be too small for her, but as you can tell from the pic, she has room to grow.



On Sunday Morning my mom hosted a mother-daughter brunch. It was really fun to have some girl time with such wonderful women. These woman are so talented, funny, wise, and Godly. We had a good time!

(left to right: Emily Gallo, Francis Townsend, Rachel Kaye, Merrie Kaye, Becky Kaye, Leslie Townsend)



Sunday night my Grandma "K" took my parents and I out to dinner. There was a little place with a prime rib special. It was really good.

The rest of the trip was very restful. It was a short, but I got to spend a lot of time with the family. The only thing missing was Ben. He's gonna try to make an appearance next time :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an amazing woman, and I recognize more and more each day just how exceptional you are. Thanks for teaching me the meaning of what true love is, what true beauty looks like, and what a positive outlook can do.

You rock my world.

I love you Nene.

Aimee said...

Glad you had such an amazing time with your family! Rachel is such a sweetie :) And what a blessed woman you are to have Ben put all these feelings into words - he is absolutely right!! Miss you!